The Super Dramatic Life of a Grade Twelver

Tuesday, January 09, 2007



Does anyone out there watch tennis? Well, I do, and I love it! It isn't exactly the best season for tennis in Canada and parts of the US, but there are still tournaments in Europe and Asia. Anyways, I didn't use to like tennis, but my mom would always watch it. I hated it, and I would always complain for her to change the channel, but, one day, I happened to notice that there was a game on, and I started watching because the guy playing wasn't too bad looking ( yeah, Andy Roddick!) and it actually wasn't too bad! So then I happened to come across another game a while later, and somebody else was playing. It was Roger Federer, and he was soooo good. He made the hardest shots look like it was nothing. Think of Ryan in badminton........well, that's how Roger Federer is in tennis. The best thing about Federer is that he has such good sportsmanship. He never gets mad, and he never freaks out at the referee for a bad call. That's what makes him such a great player to me, not just because he can make difficult shots. So I figured I may as well watch women's tennis then, and I watched Maria Sharapova play. She was really good too. She has lots of power (130 mph serves!) and she is a good sport too. The only problem I have with her is that she shrieks everytime she makes a shot. I guess that's just a superstition thing though, or it just takes a lot out of you to return some players' shots! Anyways, I'm hoping the weather will pick up soon so I can get out and actually play tennis.......but, with our town, that might not be until July. See-ya!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger myself101 said…

    well...you could always play in the snow at freezing temperatures. But I think I'd wait until July if I were you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home