The Super Dramatic Life of a Grade Twelver

Friday, January 12, 2007


One day in Journalism class, we had to free write about travel or journeys. So I thought I'd talk about that here too, and write about where I'd like to go when I get older and have money to do so! I have been doing a Geography 12 course by correspondence (at least, I am trying to!) , and I had to read about the rainforest for one of my section assignments. I would love to go to the rainforest! It sounds so cool! The text says that, in some rainforests, you can only see 2 metres ahead of you! Also, can you imagine seeing a panther just strolling along, or a dinner-plate sized spider trying to creep around? Another place that sounds really cool to me is Saskatchewan. I just can't imagine what it would be like to be in a place that doesn't have mountains! I've heard that you can see for four hours ahead of you. Oddly enough, so much space would probably make me feel claustrophobic! I would also like to go to the Arctic, or somewhere in that general area, like Iceland. I think Iceland gets 24 hours of light at some point in the year. How cool would that be? Anyways, that's where I would like to go, and hopefully I'll go there someday! See-ya!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger chumly said…

    That is a great picture of a panther, by far my favorite of all cats.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger ~*~Christine~*~ said…

    Nice Tonya...
    OMG PANTHER!
    what would you do if you saw a dinner plate sized spider? You swore you would never go there...

    Oh, and about Sask. Do you know how sick you would feel? In Alberta, where they have "hills" I get the sickest feeling...

    But thats cool! Alaska also gets 24 hours of light in the summer :P

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Ms. Wadlegger said…

    I just watched Beweolf and Grendel last night - seen it? It is an adaptation of a very old English tale. Anyway, the movie was filmed in Iceland - and Tonya, it is definitely now on the top of my list of places to go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home