The Super Dramatic Life of a Grade Twelver

Monday, January 15, 2007


Well, in our journalism 12 class, one of our monthly projects is to compose a school newsletter. Each student has to write an article or make a calendar, or something to that effect. There are many different articles that a student can choose to write about, but I usually like to choose current events. One problem that I have with the newsletter is that we have to edit it before it goes out to the school. I used to like when the newsletter came out because everything was a surprise and it was cool to read all the articles that the students themselves had written, but now it's like, 'Oh. I read this already.' So that's my problem with the newsletter. Other than that it's great, because it gives the students a chance to express themselves through writing. It's very stressful sometimes to get a newsletter out on time. The layout is the hardest because you are faced with the impossible task of making about 18 articles fit into like 6 pages. I can't even imagine what a daily newspaper goes through. The editor probably tears out parts of his hair on a daily basis. Anyways, that's it for now. See-ya!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Ter bear!! said…

    oh my gosh!! i totally know what u mean!!! i had to do layout this month and it thoughly sucked!!!!! i really did pull out some hair!!!! lol anyways terrific blog tonya and i love ya!!!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger LemonadeK said…

    I completely agree... if we're going to edit our own newsletter, we should at get some more time to do it so it's not always rush rush.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger myself101 said…

    Yeah, I always liked reading the newsletter when it came out, but now I've already read it.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger .:.Katie.:. said…

    YOUR SO RIGHT! lol we all know wut you mean. I used to like reading what people had to say but now it's old stuff that's not surprising.
    Anyway LOVE YA TONZ!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Ms. Wadlegger said…

    rush, rush is what newspapers are all about! Just think how authentic we are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home